The Big Money Round is Closed
We have $10,084.13 to fund serious and ambitious art by issuing a small number of big money grants to the most ambitious projects. It is nearly impossible to build massive projects taking months of work by large teams with sophisticated construction and interactions with a $500 grant. The Big Money Round is to help fund ideas and projects that are supposed to blow your mind, but don’t need a Ludicrous amount of money to do it.
Before applying for a grant, read the grant page for the most current information like: what we do and do not fund, the differences between the different grant rounds, deadlines, the fine print.
We are still accepting Effigy applications. If you have an idea for the Effigy, please see this announcement.
Big Money Round
- Funds available: $10,084.13 ($10,000.00 + $84.13 from the Ludicrous Round)
- Grants can be for any amount from $0.01 – to $3,000.00
- Application window opens / Begin accepting applications: January 1, 2015
- Application window closes / Applications complete and error free: CLOSED
- CATS review / Applicant question and answer via email: January 22, 2015 – February 15, 2015
- Applications final (no more editing the application by the applicant): Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 11:59PM, Mountain time
- CATS scoring: February 15, 2015 – February 26, 2015
- CATS grant selection meeting: February 26, 2015
- Results sent to applicants: On or around March 1, 2015
- BOD / Finance Committee review: March 1, 2015 – March 15, 2015
- Signed grant agreement (the contract) due by: Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 11:59PM, Mountain time
- Disbursements process begins / Checks in the mail: On or around March 15, 2015
- Any funds not granted are passed on to the Seed Money Round
- All grants over $1,500.00 will be paid in multiple installments based on the completion of pre-defined project milestones
- All grant recipients receiving $600.00 or more must submit a W-9
Apply for a Big Money Round Grant!