APOGAEA 2023: GLAM SPACE RODEO
June 8 - 11, 2023
The rodeo has headed off into the galactic sunset...
See you in 2024!
I-25 South (from Denver area)
- Take Exit 13 B (Main St.)
- Turn Left onto W Main St.
- Turn Left onto Nevada/Santa Fe Trail
- Enter roundabout and exit onto University St.
- Turn Left onto Prospect St.
- Prospect St. Turns Right and becomes Stonewall Ave.
- Turn Left onto San Juan St.
- San Juan St. turns Right and becomes Robinson Ave.
- Robinson Ave. Becomes CO12 W
- CO12 W to Valdez / Segundo. Drive 13 miles.
- Turn Left onto County Road 47.7 (just before the Big 4 Country Store… stop in and grab some supplies, and say hi to our neighbors!)
- Cross the bridge and look for signs to Apogaea at the next intersection
From other points:
- Please use the following locations and record your instructions as GPS likely will NOT work!
- The nearest commercial address where county road 47.7 intersects CO-12 W: 24638 CO-12, Trinidad, CO 81082
- The exact GPS coordinates of the Apogaea Entrance: 37.122246, -104.708269
- Please note the preferred Exit 13B to avoid residential areas.
Gate Hours & Info
Official Gate Hours – Updated for 2023!
Friday 6/2/2023: Gate open from 12 noon – 8pm for DPW Staff Only
Saturday 6/3/2023: Gate open from 9am – 12 noon for anyone on Work Weekend List
Sunday 6/4/2023: Gate open from 8am – 12 noon for anyone on Work Weekend List
Wednesday 6/7/2023: Gate open 8am – 8pm *Must have a volunteer shift or be on the theme camp EE List*
Regular Gate Hours:
Thursday 6/8/2023: Gate Open 8am – 10pm
Friday 6/9/2023: Gate Open 8am – 8pm
Saturday 6/10/2023: Gate Open 8am – 12 noon
What Happens When I Arrive At The Gate?
Be prepared before your arrival at the Gate:
- Have your ticket and government issued photo ID.
- Have enough food, water, and equipment to survive the event.
- Liability waivers will be available at the gate, so you don’t have to bring one!
- Your vehicle will be searched.
- Follow the direction of the Gate volunteers and move your vehicle when directed.
- Working Gate is a thankless task. Be nice to your Gate personnel and they will be nice to you. A cold, tasty beverage goes a long way!
- Drive slowly for safety and to keep down dust.
- Participants are not allowed in-and-out access to the event unless it is an emergency or they have applied and been approved for in and out access before the event.
- If you know in advance that you will need to leave the event at some point, please apply for in-and-out access before the event.
- It is $10 to exit PER PERSON. Cash only. Exact change.
- They will each be given a wristband to reenter for free, upon return.
- They must have their ID and their ticket in hand to get the wristband, and to return.
- If you need to leave and return DUE TO EMERGENCY, check with the gate when leaving to arrange for your re-entry.
Early entry is available to volunteers and members of Ignition. If you are going to Apogaea with your significant other, friends, etc., all must be approved for early entry; e.g. if your wife has early entry and you don’t, then you don’t get early entry just because your wife does. Theme camps or art installations requiring extra time for setup might be eligible for early arrival.