Apogaea 2019 will be held June 6th - 9th, 2019, in Valdez, CO.
2019 Ticket Sale Dates TBA!
- Every participant at Apogaea MUST have a ticket! Ticket revenue supports the infrastructure needed to safely bring the event to fruition and the grant money for approved art. Without a ticket, you will be escorted out by either an ASS member or a Ranger.
- Every participant at Apogaea MUST have a signed Liability Waiver! This waiver explains attendees' responsibilities and the inherent cautions & dangers of attending. Without a signed liability waiver, you will not be allowed to enter the event.
- Round 1 & 2 ticket holders will be receiving paper tickets from TicketFly in the mail. OMG Round tickets will be available at the will-call booth only. Guaranteed/directed tickets for Ignition, Sparks, youth, scholarship, etc. will not be mailed; they will be available at the will-call booth only.
- If you do not get a ticket in one of the main sales, DON'T PANIC! Anyone who signs up for two volunteer shifts will be offered a full price ticket(must be approved by department lead or ticket lead) ($150). Contact email@example.com for further details.
- A guaranteed ticket for next year's event will also be offered to people who meet one of the following criteria this year:
- Ratified Ignition member
- Spark volunteer
- A department directed ticket volunteer
- Anyone who completes 1 volunteer shift with BAMF or Rangers
- Anyone who completes a shift with hours between midnight and 8 am
- Anyone who completes 2 or more volunteer shifts with any other department
- Souvenir art tickets will be included in the information given to each participant at the greeters station this year, thanks to a generous grant from Dr. Wilder which will be used to purchase souvenir tickets for everyone!
- If you have a ticket to sell, or would like to buy a ticket outside of the schedule above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those wanting tickets will be matched with those selling tickets on a first come first serve basis.
- All members of Ignition, Sparks and granted artists receive guaranteed tickets to Apogaea!
- Ticket codes will be provided via email. Please be sure your contact information is updated with your department lead.
- Tickets are reserved for a limited time. After that date, any unclaimed tickets will be sold in the OMG Sale.
- Ignition members receive one ticket per person, not per role.
- Artists, along with all assistants, volunteers, and work crews related to the art, are required to pay for entrance to the event. However, Apogaea will reserve either one or two full priced tickets for each granted artist, at Apogaea’s discretion. Artists must purchase these tickets before the listed deadline or they will be released for the OMG Sale. Please refer to the creative grant funding page for the latest updates.
- If you theme camp registers with Apogaea, you will be contacted by the tickets lead to determine if your theme camps wants or needs directed tickets to cover essential people necessary to make your camp happen so that you can plan for the event and be assured that you have enough tickets. Generally camps are eligible for 5-10 directed tickets per theme camp, but this is negotiable. The ticket lead does not get the list of theme camps until after theme camp registration closes. If your camp needs to know about directed tickets before then please contact email@example.com.
- All scholarship recipients will be required to volunteer for six hours.
- One application must be filled out for each person applying.
- Please provide a description of why your economic situation warrants a low income ticket.
- Discounted tickets are specifically set aside for Apogaea’s youth (ages 13 through 17) and for community members who have fallen on financial hardships. Children aged 12 and under are free.
- Please indicate how many children under 12 you are bringing and how many children between 12 and 18 years of age.
- Please provide the name and the gender of each child, and which camp you will be camping with.
- Please provide parent(s) names and contact information.
- Please provide an off-site emergency contact.
- Feel free to share any other relevant information such as medical conditions or special needs.
Tickets will be sold 100% through Ticketfly and will be limited to two tickets per transaction. You must log-on to Ticketfly to buy tickets. You can create an account now.
Yes. We are now partnering with Ticketfly to provide more services to all of your lovely faces.
Yes. If you have already registered for a Ticketfly account, then you may use to purchase tickets for Apogaea.
No. Tickets for the general public will go on sale on the specific dates at specific times listed above. If you have received an email with a code for a specific ticket type (i.e.: Ignition), please follow the directions in that email.
No. We do not allow for refunds.
Per the Ticketfly company policy, refunds are allowed for event at the event promoter’s discretion. Ticketfly must have authorization from us before they issue refunds.
Apogaea will not be canceled. It will be held at an alternative location and we will honor all tickets.
If you have a ticket to sell and want to be put on a list to sell one if someone wants to buy it please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those wanting tickets will be matched with those selling tickets on a first come first serve basis.
Tickets purchased during the first two general ticket sales rounds and the Last Chance sale will be mailed by Ticketfly before the event. You must have your ticket in order to enter the event. Reserved tickets (Ignition, Sparks, Youth, Scholarship, etc.) will be available at will-call.
No, but everyone under 18 years of age must have a parent/guardian sign the liability waiver. All attendees under 21 years of age will have a special wristband to identify that they are under the legal age to consume or possess alcohol. Attendees 12 and under do not require tickets. Please read more about children at the event here.
In 2018, commemorative souvenir art tickets will be available at NO COST to all attendees of Apogaea! You can pick up your art ticket when you arrive at the event.
Yes. There will be a will-call list for reserved tickets (Scholarship, Youth, Ignition, Sparks, etc.).
No. Any person can use any ticket purchased in one of the general sales rounds. You will need a government-issued ID to prove your age though, as well as a signed copy of the liability waiver.
If you purchased paper tickets to be delivered by mail then you must bring your physical ticket to get into the event. If you purchased a will-call ticket with a ticket code or in one of the main sales your name ill be on the will call list at the gate.
The deadline to transfer a Will-Call ticket to another person for 2018 is June 5th. Tickets for Ground Control, Ignition, Sparks, and Department Volunteers are non-transferable and must be used by the person the ticket code was sent to. To transfer a ticket, call Ticketfly. For tickets purchased during the first two ticket sale rounds tickets will be mailed out by Ticketfly on May 10th. Since there are no names associated with hard tickets, simply hand over the ticket to the other individual to transfer it.
No. This year, Ticketfly will be providing PAPER tickets. You must create an account with Ticketfly in order to purchase tickets. Your tickets will be mailed to you. Confirmation emails from Ticketfly will not be honored.
General Sales Rounds 1 and 2 are when the majority of general admission tickets will be sold. Two rounds increases your chances of purchasing tickets should you be unavailable at one of the scheduled sale times. The Last Chance Sales Round is to thwart scalpers and to sell any remaining tickets that were reserved for Ignition/Granted Artists/Scholarship/Youth. In 2014 it took 24 hours to sell out of our Last Chance Sale tickets. If you want to come and did not get a ticket, please email email@example.com to see about your chances of getting a Last Chance ticket. The Ticket Lead says, “Please email us before buying from a scalper!”
In order to ensure the event takes place, a small number of tickets must be reserved for key participants who make the event happen – Ignition, Sparks and Granted Artists. There are also 60 tickets reserved for Scholarship and Youth tickets. Ignition/Sparks are radically inclusive and there are many opportunities available to participate. Scholarship and Youth tickets were created in order to make the event more inclusive and accessible to families and people facing financial hardship.
You will receive a unique ticket code to use at checkout when you purchase your ticket from Ticketfly. Your code must be used before the deadline specified in the email with your code. Please refer to this email for the specific deadline. All reserved tickets not purchased by the deadline will be placed into the Last Chance Sale.
Low-income Scholarship tickets and Youth tickets for attendees ages 13-17 must submit an application by the date listed above. For Scholarship tickets, you must provide a copy of your photo ID and the name must match who is requesting the ticket. See the Scholarship and Youth section on the main ticket page for more info.
Find someone who is unable to attend but has a ticket, purchase the ticket from them directly and have them transfer the name with Ticketfly before the ticket transfer deadline. See if there are open Ignition positions to fill and get involved. If you did not get a ticket and want to be put on a list to receive one if someone wants to sell theirs please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those wanting tickets will be matched with those selling tickets on a first come first serve basis.
No! Scalpers are scum who hoard tickets, preventing the tickets from making it into the hands of the community, and cause an artificial increase in prices. Apogaea, Inc., reserves the right to cancel any tickets proven to be sold by, or purchased from, scalpers.
There are federal/state/local laws that we must comply with as well as legal liability issues that must be addressed. We do our best to keep the rules to the bare minimum as to not limit participation, expression and creativity. If you have a question not covered on this page, please email email@example.com.