BAMF (Bureau of Apogaea Medical and Fire) is a team of professional and non-professionally trained Medical and Fire volunteers that support the Apogaea First Aid Station. Our guidelines follow those set by the American Red Cross Basic Life Saving manual, and include minor trauma, burns, dehydration, heat exhaustion, airway distress, bug bites and more. BAMF volunteers offer their skills as Good Samaritans to the community of Apogaea and only within the confines of Apogaea.
A BAMF volunteer will only provide assistance if consented and if the participant is in agreement with the method of assistance. In cases of implied consent, BAMF will offer their services as Good Samaritans and will treat appropriately with the best of intentions for Apogaean participant(s).
What we need…
- MEDICAL & FIRE SPECIALISTS – People with 1 to 20+ years of: medical training, clinical experience, MDs, NPs, PAs, RNs, Paramedics, EMTs, military medics, firefighters, search and rescue, wildland fire.
- MEDICAL & FIRE SUPPORTS – BAMF also needs volunteers to fill “Supportive” roles. Some of these require CPR certification while others provide background support on the Radio and Infrastructure teams.
HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
- Complete the BAMF Volunteer Survey – ONLY if you have not already
- Email a photo copy of your certifications to [email protected]
- A SHIFT SIGN-UP sheet will be emailed to you (This was finalized by Apogaea 5/5/2014)
- The shift or shifts you sign-up for qualify you for a BAMF ticket (This was finalized by Apogaea 5/2/2014)
- A BAMF representative will call you within 3 to 4 days to verify… (Due to the volume of calls, it may take longer)
- Your shift (s)
- Your Apogaea Ticket options
- Work Weekend
- Camp location
- Answer questions
- Ticket Codes will be emailed to you via Apogaea.
BAMF TICKET PRICES ARE BASED ON FOUR THINGS
FIRST: TYPE OF SHIFT
Volunteering for one Raveyard Shift = $1/2 price ticket
Volunteering for one Burn Shift = $1/2 price ticket
Volunteering for one Regular Shift = $Full Price Ticket.
SECOND: NUMBER OF SHIFTS
Volunteering for two Regular Shifts = $1/2 Price Ticket.
THIRD: SCHOLARSHIP TICKETS
Scholarship tickets are available for Medical/Fire Specialist with an income less than $30,000. Ticket Price is $25.00. MUST sign-up for 2 Regular Shifts or 1 Raveyard Shift or 1 Burn Shift.
FORTH: GUARANTEED TICKET FOR YOU & A GUARANTEED TICKET FOR A FRIEND / FAMILY
Medical/Fire Specialist get a full price ticket for themselves and a full price ticket for a friend/family when they sign-up for 2 Regular Shifts or 1 Raveyard Shift or 1 Burn Shift.
LIMITED: Out of State will get priority.
May 26th – BAMF TRAINING
May 26th – Last day to sign-up for shifts
May 30th – Last day to purchase tickets
May 31st – Work Weekend (only a select few are invited for set-up)
THANK YOU for volunteering for BAMF!!! – Please share this survey with anyone interested in participating in BAMF.
100% OF APOGAEA IS RUN BY VOUNTEERS
Email questions to the BAMF RECRUITMENT TEAM at [email protected]
Please Do NOT email your questions to Cyn AND please do not text or call Cyn’s personal phone, as this will delay the recruitment process. THANK YOU!
BAMF VOLUNTEER SURVEY