The art grant cycle for Apogaea 2013 – Alchemy is about to begin!
Before we can start accepting grant applications, we need to recruit a few more Art Committee members!
Are you interested in helping Apogaea grant tens of thousands of dollars to community artists? Do you want to help bring some of the best art around to our little camping trip in the mountains? Can you commit to attending one meeting a month from December to April? Do you work well with others? Are you a good communicator?
The grant process is run by the Apogaea Art Committee, a cross-section of volunteers from the community. Members of the committee provide impartial and critical consideration to each proposal. We encourage lively deliberation until we find consensus on what best serves the community attending Apogaea.
Members are expected to:
- Work through the completion of Apogaea
- Attend at least one monthly meeting from November until March
- During Apogaea, verify all granted art is present and evaluate how it met committee expectations
- Collaborate using online tools required by the grant application process
- Respond to communications in a timely manner
- Be diligent about presenting your assigned projects to the Art Committee – you are the artist’s voice
- Read and familiarize yourself with all grant applications before voting
- Read, understand, sign, and return the Apogaea Conflict of Interest Policy
- Communicate any conflicts of interest to the Art Committee Lead immediately
All Art Committee members, except the Art Committee Lead(s), are eligible to receive grants as long as they disclose their involvement as required by the Conflict of Interest Policy.
You may not be a member of the Art Committee if you are on the the Apogaea Board of Directors or are an Officer of Apogaea, Inc.
Begin by completing the online application to join the Art Committee.
If you have any questions about the requirements for becoming a member of the Art Committee, email email@example.com.