This is a big weekend for Apogaea! The Community Art Fair runs Saturday and Sunday from 1 PM to 6 PM at GuildWerks (see the official event announcement for details).
The Apogaea Board of Directors will be holding a mini town hall at the Art Fair on Sunday from 2:00 to 4:00 PM.
President to speak about event growth
VP to announce ticket sales dates & new policies
Treasurer with financial update
Art Committee presenting 1st round art grants
Announcement of ticket design contest winner
Announcement of sound camp meeting
Sneak peak at schwag for this year
Volunteer database live
Visions of center camp
Artists presenting at the fair include:
- Camp Wardrobe MalFUNKtion: offering some fabulous crafty workshops! We will also be accepting donations of clean clothing, wigs, hats, shoes and anything else fun that you want to to share with the burner community. No plain jeans or clothing with corporate logos please!
- Stephen DeNorscia: a computer 3D model of his project along with materials list and volunteer opportunities.
- Hot CoCo: Hang-Out Time with Colorado Conclave – open play area and scheduled performances
- Hands of Fire: a set of two hands to create the stairs, stage, and fuel station of a self contained interactive fire stage… made from the empty white gas cans from the Denver Fire community.
- The SoundPuddle (John English): an interactive space of visual-acoustic synesthesia. This spectrographically colorful dome illuminates sound on an immersive canopy of light. Visualize the spectral shapes of sound-space with any noise you can make. You will laugh, shout, and sing as thousands of solar powered LEDs unify your ears and eyes. This project needs donated materials, fund-raising, and outreach to people interested in workshops, live music and other events that can be held inside the SoundPuddle at Apogaea. See John English, or look for motion reactive hula-hoops and other blinky lights.
- Digital Drum Spiral (Eric Miller): an interactive, visual “drum” circle using wireless accelerometer-driven devices.
- Center Camp (Amelia Graycen): In years past we’ve set up an excellent base for Center Camp. This year, we’re working to fill it with wonderful things that engage the community. Find out what we’re doing, ask questions, get answers, and make suggestions!
- Mallurd Wedding Camp: We will be offering our camp for any happy couples that would like to celebrate your love with a quick Vegas style wedding, or renew your love and your vows. We will be building an arbor for the bride and groom to stand under as they express their love in any way you deem appropriate. We will be handing out marriage licenses, and will have a couple of ordained ministers to help with the services if you wish. My wife and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary with our burning family with a large ceremony on Saturday @ 2:30 pm @ our camp.
- Universal Vagina Of Light (Meredith Brown): – a privacy screen and drop cloth for live painting
- The Dragon Lotus proposed Colorado CORE project (Meredith Brown/Ender)
- The Miss Apogaea Beauty Pageant (Rev. tommytommytommy): We will be answering questions and signing up contestants. What talent will you perform? What night-of-the-burn outfit will you strut? Of course boys too are welcome to enter; one won once!
- Effigy (Somer Andom)
- Kum & Glow (James Whiddon)
- Spirograph Camp (Erin Uncapher)
- BAMF, Apogaea Medical and Fire: we will hang out and answer questions, sign up volunteers, etc. Cynthia Van Lingen (medical lead) will be there on Saturday, and Sam Ley (fire lead) will be there on Sunday.
- Grant Johnson: a musical interactive space – big floor buttons that make music as well as a sound reactive lighting component.
- CockClub: Workshop Fundraiser
Artists, if you want more details about your project added to this post, email [email protected]
Workshop Schedule: Saturday. February 18th
2pm – 2:30pm: Demystifying the Apogaea Art Grant Process – James Whiddon – Always wanted to submit an art grant, but can’t figure out the process? This workshop will walk you through the process of submitting an art grant to Apogaea. Don’t forget that grant applications for $300 or less are still being accepted. So, if you have an idea for a grant, bring it and we’ll help you submit it!
3pm – 4pm: Integrating Electronics Into Your Projects – John English – I’ll go over some examples of projects I (and others) have put together, and resources people can use to get started and learn how to make things.
5pm – 5:30pm: Growing Art at Apogaea Roundtable – James Whiddon – Discuss different methods of promoting more art, theme camps, music and other projects at Apogaea.
Workshop Schedule: Sunday, February 19th
1:30pm – 2pm: Demystifying the Apogaea Art Grant Process – James Whiddon – Always wanted to submit an art grant, but can’t figure out the process? This workshop will walk you through the process of submitting an art grant to Apogaea. Don’t forget that grant applications for $300 or less are still being accepted. So, if you have an idea for a grant, bring it and we’ll help you submit it!
2pm – 4pm: Apogaea Mini Town Hall – President to speak about event growth, VP to announce ticket sales dates & new policies, Treasurer with financial update, Art Committee presenting 1st round art grants, Announcement of sound camp meeting, Sneak peak at schwag for this year, Volunteer database live, Visions of center camp