The grant application cycle for the Big Money Round is now open, December 17th, 2016 through January 17th, 2017 @ 11:59 pm (MST), for submissions (stay tuned to Art News or sign up for the Apogaea Outpost for more information). Grant recipients will be announced by February 22nd, 2017, with the goal of having all funds disbursed and in artists’ hands by that same week.
The Big Money Round is for larger projects which require more funding and support than offered by smaller $600 grants. We want Apogaea art to blow people’s minds, and sometimes that requires greater grant funding. The Effigy and Temple are to be included/considered in this round.
In past years, the Big Money funding was held in two rounds called the Ludicrous Round and the Big Money round. Starting in 2017 there will be just the single Big Money round to allow for a more efficient grant process. The funds for the Ludicrous and Big Money round have been combined into the single Big Money round.
Details of the 2017 Big Money Round:
- Funds available: $45,000
- Any amount from $600 to $9,000.00
- Accept applications: December 17th, 2016 – January 17th, 2017 @ 11:59pm (MT)
- Winners announced and disbursements begin on or around February 22nd, 2017
- Any funds not granted are passed on to the Seed Money Round
- All grants over $1,500.00 will be paid in multiple installments based on the completion of pre-defined project milestones
- All grant recipients receiving $600.00 or more must submit a W-9