The Apogaea Media and Publications Department (otherwise known as AMP) is responsible for the production of the WWWW, Survival Guide, and other key documents. The department also focuses on photography, video and graphics used or needed by the Apogaea Org. This includes, but is not limited to, managing photo archives in Apogaea photo accounts, creating graphics used on the website and in the Outpost Email Blasts, and create/distribute videos produced by Apogaea, Inc for various reasons (ie: volunteer recruitment, event overview, BAMF training, education on Apogaea Inc’s photography policy). The team works collaboratively with the Communications/Telemetry Teams as well as the rest of the Apogaea Org to create/provide specific forms of media for specific purposes.
The Photo Department is responsible for:
- Documenting the event and all granted art projects, as well as the general community and other happenings throughout the year.
- Uphold and educate the public on photo/imaging policies regarding privacy, permission and distribution of media, and brainstorm new ways to make their application practical with ever-evolving technology.
- Aid in cessation of any observed type of illegal recording.
- Create and maintain forums for sharing of images, and to find new ways to use imagery to publicize the event and community.
The video department will be responsible for:
- Capturing portions of the event, including granted art projects and interactive installations, and effigy burns, as well as other events throughout the year.
- To uphold and educate the public on imaging policies regarding privacy, permission and distribution of media, and brainstorm new ways to make their application practical with ever-evolving technology.
- To aid in cessation of any observed type of illegal recording.
- To create and maintain a forum for sharing of video, and to find new ways to use imagery to publicize the event and community.
- To create and maintain a series of educational videos for event participants and volunteers.
The Apogaea Photo and Video Policies should be required reading for all photogs and video heads. The policies also includes a section on drones. If you intend to take pictures, video or use a drone at Apogaea, please read the policy.
- To reach the entire media department – Media@Apogaea.com
- For information on photos, photography, or photo policy – photos@Apogaea.com
- Who What When Where (event guide) – WWWW@Apogaea.com
- Graphic design – pixelpusher@Apogaea.com