CATS is one of the few departments that meets year round, and after a winning Apogaea in 2016 it’s time to start thinking about next year. Before we can do that we need to recruit a few more CATS members! We have positions for both full grown meows (Ignition level) and kittens (Sparks level) depending on your interest and level of commitment.
Please keep in mind that being a CATS member is a labor intensive position! During grant rounds, members are required to spend many hours reading and grading applications, as well as in discussions online and offline.
In a typical year we’re looking for people passionate about helping in the following areas. (May vary depending on each year’s staffing and funding level.) You don’t need to be an expert at all of these things but these are the sort of skills we’re looking for:
- Design of the grant application and scoring process
- Ability to read and evaluate grants
- Manage, track and disburse grants and reimbursements
- Assist art crews with ticketing, transportation logistics, heavy equipment and special needs from DPW, placement and getting their projects listed in the WWWW
- Outreach and communications: making sure both the community, artists, and wider burner universe know about opportunities at Apogaea.
- Organize the annual art fair as well as art tour at Apo.
- Strong knowledge of propane art and fire safety.
- Survey design and information collection: CATS relies heavily on survey forms for both applications and feedback throughout the year
Can you commit to attending one meeting a month? Do you work well with others? Are you a good communicator? Do you check your email regularly? Do you like CATS? Maybe you should apply.
Fill out this application by 11:59pm on Wednesday, August 10, 2016:
If you have any questions email email@example.com .
Applications must be received before 11:59pm on Wednesday, August 10, 2016. No exceptions.